Emotional Verbal Abuse
How to Recognize, Cope and Heal
Downloadable self-help eBook
Dr. Jeanne King, Ph.D.
From EndDomesticAbuse.org: Emotional verbal abuse is toxic, clearly. But when on the receiving end, it can be confusing, debilitating and often keep you spinning.
It’s the most common form of abuse within relationships. We hear about it daily and see its impact on people of all walks of life.
It has no particular target. Female, male; rich, poor; black, white, yellow; educated, professional and not; no specific religious or political orientation… It can show up in just about any household imaginable.
Yet when it does, we are in awe. Trying to understand it, trying to stop it, wanting to heal from its impact.
We know it is wrong. We know it hurts. And we realize our partner’s commentary to diffuse, minimize, justify and defend the emotional verbal abuse is utterly ridiculous.
We seek to stop the ongoing flow of verbal licks and emotional manipulations. And we long to heal from the scars of emotional verbal abuse. Question is how?
Features and Benefits
- Shows you the purpose emotional verbal abuse serves for your partner so that when you see it, you will respond in a way that supports your integrity.
- Reveals what to be cognizant of in order not to internalize emotional verbal abuse.
- Shows you professional recommendations for deflecting emotional verbal abuse before being blindsided by it.
- Gives you an understanding of the larger context from which emotional verbal abuse exists, so you’re in a better position to deal with it for what it truly is, rather than from the confusion it can create.
- Offers insight on “emotional safety” which serves to help you prevent the potential for emotional verbal abuse.
- Allows you to see how and why it’s not about you, which liberates you from its potential mental and psychological devastation.
- Helps you understand why your partner minimizes, distorts and denies his/her verbal assaults, which leaves you on top of the interaction rather than buried in it.
- Shows you the relationship between other forms of domestic abuse and the role emotional verbal abuse plays in maintaining unequal power in a relationship.
- Reveals the real problem with promises when it comes to emotional verbal abuse, which empowers you in your moments of reconciliation.
- Teaches you how to stay out of the line of fire of emotional verbal abuse, so you can maintain your equanimity during relationship conflict.
- Provides you with techniques to end mental memories of emotional verbal abuse so that you find your peace, harmony and well-being.
- Gives you insight on fear and the choices you have regarding it, so that you can be empowered when faced with this emotion.
- Shows you powerful methods for healing emotional verbal abuse freeing you from carrying these wounds any further in your life.
- Gives you concrete secrets for establishing and maintaining greater well-being today and throughout your life.
Order from: EndDomesticAbuse.org